Friday, November 13, 2015

Scripture Study: Journaling



Every time I read the Book of Mormon recently I think, "Ok, this is it. THIS is the best chapter so far"...and then I read more and more and it just gets better and better! I'm discovering that the Book of Mormon teaches us so many things apart from just the historical/spiritual aspect of what it testifies of. It teaches us how to keep a good and useful journal- and we all know about my obsession with journaling!

I absolutely loved reading in 3 Nephi this morning (chapter 5). I felt that it teaches so much about good journaling skills- something I think God wants us to continue to practice no matter where we are in life. 

If you can't ready my notes, this is what it says: "We learn so much about journaling from Mormon. In v. 12, he writes about his history. He also writes about the history of his people, his beliefs/testimony, and spiritual experiences that he has had. He writes about things that are not only beneficial to him (sharing/writing your testimony strengthens it), but things that will help others- for hundreds of years to come!"

No comments:

Post a Comment