Thursday, November 12, 2015

Blessings WILL Come!

An especially trying time for me was the early years of girls camp (ok fine, it was all hard)...but those times were difficult in a different way because I was discovering my mental battles and trying to find a way to best combat them. I had no experience fighting to get out of bed every morning, stay calm at night when panic would strike, or why my stomach was hurting so badly and I felt sick all the time. But up at Long Valley I secretly felt that one day these struggles would prove to be a blessing of understanding to another person. I still don't know who that person is, but I do know and have personal witness that none of my suffering goes unnoticed by my Savior. 

I was recently looking back in one of my journals and I had written down that none of our sorrows will be for nothing. Every tear that befalls us in this earthly life out of sorrow will one day be made up to us one hundred fold. I believe this! In addition, we have learned from apostles of the Lord that some blessing will come now, some will come later, and some won't come until after this life. BUT THEY WILL COME!

Speaking of blessings...I recently had the blessing to hear Josie Solomon and her cute husband Brighton Solomon speak. That was an awesome night for me. At the end of their talks, I don't think there was a dry eye in the room, and sniffling was audible during the closing prayer. My reaction to Josie's story was quite the opposite. I felt like jumping up and cheering on, and I had THE BIGGEST smile on my face. Seriously. I would have been a little embarrassed of myself if I hadn't been so stinkin' happy and FULL OF JOY. 

I'm still unable to fully articulate why I reacted in such a way, but I know that it has to do with me identifying with Josie on some level, and being ecstatic to hear that you can have a life outside of an illness that plagues you every second of everyday. And even though our demons are somewhat different from each other, Josie and I are on the same team. She spoke things that I had never mentioned to anyone else as fears of mine. And she conquers life EVERY SINGLE DAY. So you could say she's pretty much the cooliest person ever- and her husband isn't too far behind:)

Thank you Josie and Brighton for being exactly who we need you to be: yourselves! Candidly and openly. WE LOVE YOU FOR IT!❤️❤️❤️❤️

#the444project

No comments:

Post a Comment